reappropriate

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Money/Email Issues

It really sucks being broke. Today, I sat back, stared at the mounting piles of bills, and wanted to cry. It really sucks being broke. The hardest thing right now is that this isn't a new problem and I've done everything I can to scare up the money I need to pay the bills, but the timing just isn't coinciding. The bills are all due basically before I can get my first paycheque (the department switched me to a different payment scheme so the bills I let pile up thinking I could pay them all at once as soon as I got my lump sum, as I did all last year, I will now have to creatively pay as I transition to a bi-weekly payment plan). Also due to this unsympathetic timing problem, reappropriate may again go down briefly as I try to figure out how to pay for hosting for the coming year (I thought my problems with my service provider would be solved for the next year, but a new snag was hit this past week -- the money that was donated earlier this year went to payment up until now, when, had I not been screwed by the IRS, I would have the rest for the coming year). Please bear with me if reappropriate does go down, I will put this blog back up as soon as I can. Finally, if you've tried to email me and had it bounce back due to my inbox being full, that problem is now resolved. Please forward to me any emails I've missed over the last week when I didn't realize I wasn't getting new emails like I should've been.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ragnell said...

Ack! You have my sympathies. I've had to carefully time out the bills myself.

7/02/2006 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kx - inspirewithhope.com said...

Hiya, just found you randomly via http://feministblogs.org/ via Google. I hear what you're saying re: money issues. :(

If you don't mind me asking, how much does your hosting cost?

I'm rather fortunate, as my partner has an unlimited reseller account, so I get my hosting for free. Maybe I could help you out?

Kx

7/02/2006 06:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

hey Kx, yeah, people tell me I pay too much. I'm paying ~$8/month for a lot of disk space, php support, and lots of extra bandwidth.

I'm through doteasy, which has been a very good service provider over the years. I could probably find cheaper, but ... okay, I'm honest, I fear the transition.

7/02/2006 07:15:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thanks, ragnell. i'm learning quickly that I HATE money. no, scratch that -- i LOVE money. I LOVE it so much that I LOVE to burn through it.

7/02/2006 07:18:00 PM  
Blogger Bhodi Li said...

I remember when I first got married and all the financial hell that we went through. We almost had to file for bankruptcy. After years for hard work, steady career progression, and learning how to make our money go farther than it should ever have to, we've started to level off. I got paid 4 days ago and can proudly look at my checkbook balance of $28!!! That's what I'm talking about!

7/03/2006 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Elayne said...

Good luck with the finances. Can't you redirect your blog so that Blogger hosts it for free? That way you won't have to pay for it.

7/03/2006 01:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home