reappropriate

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bandwidth Woes

With the recent explosion in interest in this site, I'm writing on a more somber note to notify you all that there's a distinct possibility that I may exceed my monthly bandwidth for the month of May. I received a warning on May 6th, and since the counter resets every month, that means I managed to rack up a whopping 1.5Gb of traffic in five days. This is more than 4x my normal bandwidth usage for that kind of time frame. I'm currently looking at the possibility of expanding my bandwidth for this month to cover increased traffic, but there is a possibility that reappropriate may go down within the next week, and remain unavailable until June 1st. If that happens, Happy Asian American Heritage Month, y'all, and I'll see you on the flipside! edit: I have submitted an order for an upgrade in my hosting package. While I have the funds to cover this upgrade, it still wasn't an easy decision to make. If you are a regular reader of reappropriate and have been enjoying this blog for some time, and if you are able to spare even $1-$2, I would greatly appreciate a donation to this site, via the Paypal donation button located in the right-hand nav-bar. Thanks! Many Thanks To: W.W. - $2 U.R. - $5 A.N. - $3 M.J.G. - $10 E.H. - $10 B.D. - $5 All funds will guarantee an end to bandwidth concerns for the coming year! edit (05/11): I honestly don't know what to say. I'm overwhelmed by these kind and generous people listed above who have graciously donated to keep this site alive. In a mere 2-3 days, you all have donated several times more than I thought I would be able to raise through this feeble plea. Honestly, I didn't really expect any money to come in, and am just in awe of the generousity and goodness of people willing to help a person who amounts to a perfect stranger with a homemade soapbox. To all of you who have donated, I can only thank you. I'm still wracking my brains for a suitable way to offer some kind of compensation. Links? Thank you cards? I'm still overwhelmed.

2 Comments:

Blogger ms. jared said...

no problem! i love your blog so i'm happy to help you keep it up and running. it's been a month of fundraising anyway so i figured what's one more?

besides, credit cards aren't "real" money, right?

hee.
xoxo, jared

5/11/2006 03:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Testing...

5/13/2006 04:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home