reappropriate

Friday, April 28, 2006

I Need to Format

I had just put the finishing touches on a long, two-and-a-half paged post on Hiroshima and Nagasaki when my computer randomly restarted. I hadn't yet told Blogger to save a draft. My post -- a response to some discussion in a previous post about Hiroshima and Nagasaki -- is gone. Tomorrow I may try to salvage it. Right now, I'm just so emotionally drained from having done the research once and written and proofed it once, I don't think I can do it again. I desperately need to format this computer. It's buggy to high hell.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Powen said...

I did it a little over a week ago... beautifully clean computer now.

While you're reformating, you might want to consider creating a separate partition on your hard drive for your 'documents' that's separate from the main operating system and program/software installations.

That way, you can reformat the buggy Windows (I assume?) installation and reinstall it, without having to go through the pain of backing up / moving your documents, photos, music, etc. onto CDs/DVDs/external hard drives.

4/28/2006 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thankfully, i bought a second drive when i bought this computer and i use that for document storage. i've needed to format this computer (my desktop) for months but have been too lazy because it would involve re-finding all those software discs! ^_^

thanks for the advice though! it's a good idea!

4/28/2006 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Hummingbyrd said...

Girl.

You better save that sh*t.

I have realized that there are few things more important than what we have to say other than food, prayer and love.

4/30/2006 05:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home