reappropriate

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blog for Asian American Heritage Month, May 1st

This is probably really short notice, but worth a shot. With May 1st, Asian American Heritage Month will be on us again. Last year, I tried to celebrate AAHM with a good two weeks of historical and retrospective posts. This year, I'd like to kick-off the month with a compilation of posts by and/or about Asian Americana. So please, take some time out this Sunday, May 1st and blog about Asian American History and Heritage. It can be anything -- your experiences, your history, your perspective, your politics. Please post a comment on this post if you plan on participating, and I will compile them into one post this Sunday! Also, whether you plan on participating or not, please spread the word about this event! edit: the date for Blog for AAHM has been changed to may 31st in order to avoid overlapping with other days and to give us more time to spread the word!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

May 1st is also Blog Against Disablism Day. I'm thinking it might be better not to have two Blog for/ against days on the same day. Someone needs to maintain a big "Blog for/ against day" calendar!

4/27/2006 08:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hmmm... I just really wanted to make a splash for AAHM, but I'm also worried it's not enough time.

I mean, usually no one even knows or cares about AAHM.

4/27/2006 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger jose said...

I knew it was coming for some time and I should have written a draft by now. I'll try my best to get something up by May 1 but I doubt it'll happen. I'm very sure I'll have something by the end of the month. This is not because there's nothing to say but because there is so much to say.

Regarding disablism, there are many days that have multiple purposes, and I think disablism and ethnicity have some similarities that can be worked with each other to push a particular point. I'd love to see that blog entry.

4/28/2006 01:50:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

jose, would you prefer we try to arrange something for may 30th? a sort of "to the future" theme?

i'd be cool with that. it would allow us to mobilize more APA bloggers.

(i tried to find you on im today to discuss this before i blogged about it. ^_^)

4/28/2006 04:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Let's change this to May 30th!

4/30/2006 08:47:00 PM  
Blogger Hui Jeong said...

here are my APA posts: http://huijeong.blogspot.com/2006/05/this-is-my-month-biatch.html and http://huijeong.blogspot.com/2006/05/jeff-yang-who-writes-asian-pop-column.html

5/09/2006 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://sdueejul.com/dvgo/ayry.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vctnstfk.com/kgog/joku.html]Cool site[/url]

9/23/2006 04:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

9/23/2006 04:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://sdueejul.com/dvgo/ayry.html | http://wzvfmkec.com/rldr/bzfg.html

9/23/2006 04:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home