reappropriate

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Monologues: Pre-Opening Night

This is it. It has arrived. Tonight is opening night. Unfortunately, I managed to catch a little head cold over these last couple of days of mad rehearsals and trying to stay on top of schoolwork. Thank to the Monologues (or my own wandering attention these last few days) I may have bombed my first exam since starting grad school (it all depends on the grading now, but I've given up stressing on it and have resolved to kick ass in the next one). So, tonight, is opening night. I have a mix of abject terror and creepy little butterflies and a bizarre detachment. I'm worried that the show will suck -- not so much worried about my own monologues and lines as I am of someone else seriously flubbing up and having everyone boo us off-stage at curtain call. It makes me smile that I still have this level of distrust after I spent over a month doing nothing but trust exercises with the rest of the cast. But, there's nothing more to do but give it my best. I'll let you guys know how it goes!!

3 Comments:

Blogger nubian said...

good luck though!

2/16/2006 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger yellowbaby said...

break a leg, hon.

2/17/2006 01:39:00 AM  
Blogger Ricia said...

no one will boo. and even if there are 'errors' - no one will die (of embarasment or otherwise) and everyone will be elated once it's done. have fun will u!

2/17/2006 09:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home