reappropriate

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Alive and Kicking

Well, I suppose it was inevitable. While this blog isn't all that popular yet, recently, Reappropriate has been consistently surpassing its monthly bandwidth allotment this year. Near the end of the month, I dip just a little bit past the 1gb mark and the site goes down for a day or two until the counter resets. Unfortunately, the blog seems to be increasing in popularity even more, and this past weekend, I passed my bandwidth allotment with a full week and a day left in the month. With the Carnival of the Feminists approaching, I decided to buckle down and shell out some of my hard-earned cash to increasing my monthly bandwidth. So, at least for the time-being, I now have 2gb worth of monthly bandwidth. Let's hope that's enough because I really can't afford to upgrade this site further.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Lauren said...

Do you have a Paypal button? I'll gladly donate a bit to help you out. Bandwidth is a bitch. Pop me an email when you get one set up.

12/25/2005 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

wow, lauren, that's very generous of you to consider doing that! i will think about getting a paypal button, although i would feel really bad for taking donations... i actually thought briefly about blogads, but i think they're ugly and smack of selling out.

12/25/2005 03:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Ide Cyan said...

I just added your blog as a syndicate feed on LiveJournal. (I found it through the Carnival of Feminists.)

Here's where it is:
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=reappropriate_x

12/26/2005 06:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thank you, ide_cyan!!

12/27/2005 10:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Bitch | Lab said...

Are you getting hosting for free? We have similar traffic ratings and I'm using about 5% of available space at my blog. We have room to add your blog for next to nothing. With all the hosting plans out there, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to afford a plan that would allow you tons more traffic. Seriously. It's just nuts that the site is going offline.

1/04/2006 02:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home