reappropriate

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween

This year, I was Zantanna, from DC comics, for Halloween. I would show better pictures, but alas, most of the pictures find me in a distinctly unflattering pose. Here's the one I'm willing to plaster on the web for you all to see. I was actually very proud of this costume, it's a dead-ringer for Alex Ross' painting of Zantanna, the powerful DC magician and sometime paramour of Bruce Wayne (not a Rockette! I do not tap dance!). I found a coat with tails, a top hat, a grey vest and a white bowtie. Of course the fishnets, white gloves, the wearing of black satin underwear on the outside rather than the in, and some 5" heels rounded the whole thing out. After this house party on Saturday night where this somewhat unflattering shot was taken (I have never looked so surprised, wide-eyed and... well... un-me... in my life), I went to a night-club where some radio station was having a costume party. It was great fun except that I know for certain I was the only woman there who dared to wear something even waist-up masculine. Everyone was "sexy cop", "sexy kitty-cat", "sexy Lolita", etc. etc. etc. It was a very sad state of affairs when even during Halloween, when we can shake off all social norms and actually go to Wal-mart dressed only in our undies and be someone completely different that women still feel the need to be all fem. Not that I can really say much... those are fishnets, I'm wearing.

9 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Hotness!

11/01/2005 07:43:00 AM  
Blogger solitaire said...

I was wondering what happened to your site!! I'm glad that you're back, though.

Your recount of "sexy this, sexy that" reminds me of Mean Girls. Halloween was the time of year the girls could dress up as hoes! LMAO

11/01/2005 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger solitaire said...

Oh ya, and don't forget to complete your Apprentice picks!!

11/01/2005 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger jose said...

Awesome costume. I <3 Zatanna.

Welcome back to the blogosphere. =)

11/01/2005 06:15:00 PM  
Blogger James said...

Damn girl! You know you fine!

Excellent costume.

11/01/2005 07:06:00 PM  
Blogger phillyjay said...

Rockette was the first thing I thought.I didn't even think a DC comic character untill you said so.Nice costume.

11/02/2005 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Karlos said...

Is it hot in here, or is it just you?

Wait, J... J, put the gun down!

11/02/2005 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger James said...

I'll kill you mutha-!!!!!

(The rest of this message is deemed unfit for broadcast by the Committee to Protect Everyone From Lamb.)

11/04/2005 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That was frickin' hilarious. Thank you!

11/04/2005 05:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home