reappropriate

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Santa Rosa, NM

It's been five days since I started this trip, and electroman and I are about to finish the last leg today. Tonight, I should be camping out in my apartment, with very little furniture and wondering how to make my money stretch until I get my stipend next week. The Penske truck is massive and difficult to drive. We packed it kind of loosely, but logically: my world possessions (in box form) Days 1&2 were spent in Munster, IN, visiting Max. Had a blast mini-golfing, eating breakfast foods at cheap diners and playing Munchkin. Day 3, we drove through Illinois and St. Louis Missouri, where I saw the infamous arch: St. Louis Arch We spent the night in Joplin, MO. Where, you ask? Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Yesterday, we finished up Missouri, did the entirety of Oklahoma, a little northern part of Texas, and ended up in New Mexico. It was fascinating watching the climate and flora change as we drove, but otherwise, we've gotten very little sense of the different places as we go through them. This morning, I woke up in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. Where, you ask? That pretty much sums it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home