reappropriate

Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Canada Day!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you Americans may have this cheesy Flag Day thing coming up, but anybody who's anybody knows that the real party's gonna be up North. Today, we Canuckians are celebrating our 138th birthday with lots of fireworks and good wholesome fun for the whole family. Try this cute little Canada Day quiz, sponsored by the Globe and Mail. Although, I admit, I apparently don't know as much about Canada as I should... or I was spacing during this quiz because I got a 6 out of 20. Yes, I am ashamed, but I shall make up for it by subjecting you guys to this:

O Canada Our home and native land, True patriot love, In all thy sons command! With glowing hearts, We see thee rise, The true North strong and free! From far and wide, O Canada, We stand on guard for thee! God, keep our land, Glorious and free! O Canada, We stand on guard, for thee! O Canada, We stand on guard, for thee!
51st state, my ass.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Kaede said...

Amen, my fellow Canuck! Happy Canada Day, Jenn :)

7/01/2005 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

happy canada day!!!!! ... shouldn't you be on the road now?

7/01/2005 02:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Kaede said...

Hehehehe, I was on my way out the door when I wrote it :)

Just got back about half an hour ago....man English people are bloody annoying. I think we will stick to everywhere BUT England instead now....it wasn't a bad trip per se but...yeah...

7/03/2005 03:30:00 PM  
Blogger Karlos said...

Hah! I scored 9, and I probably couldn't even name all the provinces.

7/05/2005 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curses I was going to boast about my 8.....but there were a few that I outtricked myself on!
T

7/07/2005 07:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home