reappropriate

Sunday, March 27, 2005

this easter weekend

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter weekend! I didn't celebrate Easter as a kid (chocolate eggs? me? see the last post...), but from what I understand, Easter isn't actually about bunnies, baby chickens, and candy... but then again, from how corporations like Target make big bucks bastardizing religious holidays, I'm not surprised most kids nowadays are shocked to learn that it wasn't the Easter Bunny who was resurrected after the Crucifixion. So, this weekend, there will be no Mass for me, nor will there be any yummy funky coloured eggs full of chocolatey, creamy goodness. However, I do partake in another spring tradition: last night I indulged in some soul-refreshing Spring Cleaning. I spent all night cleaning out the junky walk-in closet, reorganizing all the boxes of crap, and throwing away a ton of old papers that somehow got moved with us after graduation two years ago. I'm talking old envelopes from NYSEG, with the bills already taken out and paid for, and random receipts for things I don't even remember buying (like toothpaste). I also folded a mammoth pile of laundry, because electroman, on his trip to NYC, conveniently 'forgot' to put away all the clothes he cleaned. On an unrelated note, I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all the readers of reappropriate, old and new. Not to be all Halle Berry after winning an Academy Award, but it occurred to me today that it's really nice to have people who are willing to read what you have to say and share their opinions. I hope I don't come off as too harsh or preachy... and I really do love that you readers stop by every now and then to see what I have to say. Okay, enough of this mushy shit -- your regularly scheduled serious blogging will return tomorrow. Can you believe that the Schiavo case has taken up so much time? I've been meaning to write a Lunsford post for over a week now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home